Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Perth TPFF 2016 Day 6

Sundays are for Fremantle.
So we went there for some exploring.

Everyone told me that I had to visit Fremantle while at Perth. And I'm glad I did. It had a different feel from the city and I liked it very much.

Our driver drove us to Cottlesloe Beach for some phototaking first as we were still early for our next programme.

Our driver drove us to this place Bib and Tucker for lunch with AJ.
The food was gooood, service was gooood, 
and I'm so glad AJ recommended this place to us! I also tried rabbit meat for the first time and it tasted just like chicken. So... I shall just stick to chicken in future?

Bib & Tucker
18 Leighton Beach Blvd, North Fremantle WA 6159, Australia

However, there wasn't anything to shop for in Fremantle; 
I had thought that there would be quirky souvenirs I could buy back for my friends but nope. The only souvenirs they had there was the boomerangs and dreamcatchers. U know, all those mainstream kinds that tourists normally buy.

At Fremantle market, the selection was also weirdly items that I would not buy.
And we decided to dabao the famous fish 'n' chips back to the hotel.
There were 3 restaurants selling them though and they all claimed to be "No.1", "Best" etc. 
So we decided to buy from Joe's and Cicerello's to find out for ourselves!

Joe's Fish Shack
42 Mews Rd, Fremantle WA 6160, Australia

Cicerello's
44 Mews Rd, Fremantle WA 6160, Australia

But the journey back to the hotel took more than half hour and our food became soggy and all. But alas, it was still good, better than any other fish 'n' chips I've had in Singapore my whole life!

Anyway, the venue for our last night here in Perth actually changed to Perth Cultural Centre.
It was a unique experience and recent runway shows tend to go more towards this type of style rather than the usual normal runways.
However, I still prefer the lighting at the usual runways cos the spotlights here didn't do justice to my camera's photos!

All previous shows were held at Perth Concert Hall and that was just a 3min drive from our hotel.

First runway show for tonight: Flannel


Last show for the week: Closing Night
It was a dramatic close as we had a live symphony and opera singers instead of the usual cd-played music for the shows.
I liked how every dress was elaborate and exaggerated for this closing night and it was my favourite show in the whole TPFF.

It was the last day and I had to get a photo with Drea!

Day 7 was just breakfast at McD with our driver since it was a public holiday and every cafe was closed :(

And that concludes my week at Perth TPFF!

Also do check out my TPFF round-up on ELLE.sg here! teehee.

Click below for the rest of the trip:

No comments: